I think I spend quite a lot of time perfecting my money tracker system. It’s already started to pay dividends.
A lot of business owners don’t see the value of having a proper system. But once they start to use it, they can’t live without it.
So here is how I transformed my previous blog post into a working system.
So the first thing that I need to do is, export .csv files from ANZ/ASB Online banking system.
- Import the .csv and load as transaction
- Once loaded, I can see all transactions made and I can view by monthly.
- Next I need to map transaction to a category. For example, set Countdown as Groceries
- Well, I can’t just map everything. The only transactions that are important for me are the mostly repeating ones.
- Once finished, I can view all categories
- I can view each category’s transactions
- The next month I uploaded a new .csv export, it will automatically map those transactions with a correct category
- And view graph…. I need to fix something…