Another blog, another system built.
There are two main goals for my wedding event:
- Reduce waste
- Increase efficiency
While the second goal may sound vague, we plan to create a free-flow program without strict protocols. It's a challenge we need to tackle and make it work.
Rather than using wedding e-card providers for around RM 100, we decided to build our own RSVP system. This allows us to customise e-cards for each guest and receive their responses.
We selected a template, transformed it into a working web HTML, and I handled the backend development in just two days.
The system specifications include:
- Ability to create multiple events
- Assigning events with a card template
- Sending personalised invitations via WhatsApp
- Each invitee receives a custom card (e.g., eg.com/event/yusuf)
- Invitees can RSVP and specify the number of guests
- Invitees can send messages directly from the card
- The dashboard provides an overview of total guests and other details.
- Technologies used: Laravel, Tailwind, Alpine.js